Monday, May 17, 2010

My Small Baby Girl

For the past 3 months or so McKenna's dr. has been pretty concerned about her weight. She weighed about 15lbs at her 9 month appt. and we have seen her 3 times since and she now weighs almost 17lbs. She will be 1 year on June 3rd so most of you know that is pretty small for a 1 year old.

A very common conversation when I take her anywhere goes a little something like this:

Stranger: "Oh, she is so cute, how old is she? About 6 or 7 months old?

Me: "Thanks, she is actually about to be a year in June". :)

Stranger: "Wow, she is tiny."

Me: "Yep, I get that alot."

Anyway, needless to say, it gets old quick and especially since we have been to the dr. so much and it has been such a source of stress for me. I worried because our dr. made me feel bad like I wasn't feeding her enough and she wasn't getting enough nourishment so I decided to get a second opinion from a doctor that several of our friends use and absolutely love.

We went today and this doctor wasn't at all concerned about her weight. She just wants her to continue to gain (which she has all along) continue to grow in length and she definitely wants her head to continue to grow. She has always had a small head but it is still growing so that is good. I felt much better for my baby girl after this appointment.

I don't know if she is going to be small all her life but it is definitely too early to tell right now. I am just glad this doctor seemed to think she was perfectly healthy and happy and developmentally on track. If things change within the next few months I will let you know, but Praise God for a good report today.

On another note, in my last post I wrote about my future niece and nephew, Kaylan and Dylan. Last week, Jen and Landon went in for a sonogram and Kaylan had DOUBLED in size! WOW, talk about amazing! Dylan is growing like a weed and doing very well too! They have tons of people praying for them and these babies are already very loved by so many people! Thank you for keeping then in your prayers and continue to pray, pray, pray! She needs to keep up that growth!

Thanks again everyone and until next time,
Chels

1 comment:

Landon said...

It may be that small girls run in the family. Who knows? We will continue to pray for MJ. Thank ya'll for all yall's prayers for Mr. Bob Dylan and K. Geezee