Sunday, June 7, 2009

McKenna's Birth Story

Hey All-

Patrick has been posting lots of pictures of our sweet baby girl, but I wanted to get on here while she was sleeping away and tell you all about McKenna's birth story.

Let me just start of by staying it was wonderful. I never imagined having a child would be quite like it was on June 3rd at 5:30 in the morning. I was actually due on May 29th, but obviously Miss McKenna had other things in mind, and our induction date was scheduled for June 3rd at 5:30 in the morning.

We stopped by a donut shop to get the nurses some treats that morning (so they would love us of course) and then made our way to the hospital.

We got there and they put me in a great room and hooked me up to an IV right away. I got started on the poticin (to start the induction) at about 7:00. It worked like a charm and I started having very regular contractions. On a side note, I had been dialated to a 4 for about 3 weeks and right away I was dialated to a 5.

My contractions started getting stronger and not so much fun so I got an epidural at about 12:00. It was wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone.

My amazing doctor came in at 2:00 to break my water and then she came back in around 3:45 and I started pushing. Fun, Fun!

At 4:12 our sweet baby girl was born. I seriously had a great experience with her birth and a very quick and relatively painless labor (thanks to the epidural)

I just thought y'all might want to know. The nurses were wonderful too. I guess the donuts worked! Thanks so much for all of the well wishes and we can't wait for all of you to meet McKenna!

~Chels

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh how wonderful!!! So glad you've had such a great experience. Even though McKenna wanted to delay her arrival for as long as possible :) But your baby is absolutely GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see her in person!!